Paediatric Occupational Therapist - Locum - Children's Social Services
Paediatric Occupational Therapist - Locum - Children's Social Services - Ilkeston, Derbyshire
An exciting position has recently become available for a Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join the Disabled Children's Service in a Local Authority setting. The office will be based in Ilkeston, and the post will be covering Derbyshire, visiting service users in community and hospital based settings.
The role will be initially for around 3 months and then on a rolling basis.
- To manage a caseload of childrens complex occupational therapy need requiring assessment and use of need and resource identification.
- Assessment of need includes any non social care needs such as healthcare, housing, benefits and education.
- Information and advice on maintaining a childs functional independence in the community/home.
- Planning, designing and recording care packages in consultation with the family, promoting internal support networks and access to universal social inclusion provision.
- Completion of moving and handling assessments across a number of social care environments i.e. home, community based respite and residential unit based providing both respite and long term accommodation to children with severe and profound disability.
- To participate as required in specific projects and programmes within the childrens occupational therapy specialism.
- To work in partnership and consultation with all stakeholders involved in support to day to day life of a child/young person with severe and profound disability.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a Diploma/BSc in Occupational Therapy and must have current HCPC registration.
- Experience of working in a similar team, supportive of colleagues and flexible in approach to team working
- In depth specialist knowledge not just related to Occupational Therapy but also in the understanding of childrens and childhood disability.
- Must be able to drive and have access to own vehicle
This role is offering GBP23.79 per hour
Mileage and expenses are reimbursed
How to Apply
To find out more or to apply for this position please apply through this advert, if you would like further information about this or other opportunities then please call Li Li in confidence on / or email
Aurora Resourcing are an equal opportunities and equality recruitment agency