Senior Care Assistants
Opportunities are available for exceptional Senior Care Assistants to join an established, purpose built Residential Home located in Sutton Coldfield. Full and part time positions are available, and we welcome interest from Senior Care Assistants who are willing to work both day and night shifts. Homecroft Residential Home provides a happy and homely environment for all 23 residents. It is an established family run venture, and prides itself on delivering high quality, person centred care within modern surroundings. The home specialises in encouraging and supporting each resident to remain as independent as possible, within a safe and caring environment. The home is located within a pleasant residential setting with excellent transport links by bus and train. Successful Senior Care Assistants will earn £8.00 to £8.50 per hour dependant on experience.
We understand the importance of work/life balance and offer a flexible approach to working. We also value the important contribution Care Assistants make to delivering high standards of care, and strive to ensure that our Care Assistants have “Time to Care”.
As a Senior Care Assistant, you will be required to:
- Consistently deliver a high standard of care to all our residents.
- Support or assist residents to maintain all activities of daily living, ensuring that their personal care, physical and emotional needs are met with dignity.
- Have excellent communication skills and ensure all residents, relatives and visitors are addressed in a professional manner.
- Ensure that all care is assessed, planned, implemented and evaluated to a consistently high standard, and make clear daily records on progress.
- Act as a role model to less experienced Care Assistants providing support and direction, ensuring all allocated tasks are delivered to a high standard.
- Support residents to self-administer medication who have been assessed as safe to do so, or administer medication effectively and safely in accordance with Homecroft Policy.
- Most importantly you will have a caring and compassionate disposition.
You will possess:
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- 2 years experience in Direct Care, preferably within an older person setting.
- Proven experience in the supervision, allocation, and co-ordination of work to less experienced Care Assistants.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise care, and work under your own initiative.
- A competitive salary of £8.00 to £8.50 per hour
- 28 days annual leave per year (including all bank holidays)
- Structured training and development opportunities
- Employer Contributory Pension Scheme
- Generous breaks
- Refreshments whilst on duty
- Free DBS and flu vaccination
- Professional staff uniform
- Pleasant working environment
If you are interested in the Senior Care Assistant position, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the position. Informal visits are welcome.
Apply for Senior Care Assistants
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly