Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk required by international food producer to maintain and administer the Accounts Payable function in an accurate and timely manner.
Main duties and responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Ensure the maintenance of Supplier files in an accurate manner.
- Ensure that suppliers statements are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensure all invoices are processed in line with the controls established
- Ensure correct procedures are followed in regard to the setting up of new supplier accounts with particular attention applied to the establishment of payment terms.
- Arrange payment runs to meet suppliers agreed terms, taking into account cash flow requirements.
- Make arrangements for all suppliers to be paid by BACS system.
- Completion of other tasks within the Finance Department as required.
- Liaise with suppliers to resolve queries
To take up this opportunity the Accounts Clerk will need to demonstrate:
- Preferably experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working in a AP role and processing a high volume of invoices
- Good PC skills - in particular MS Windows applications (Excel/Word).
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and oral, and be skilled at preparing and delivering presentations.
- Must be well organised, able to plan own work and self-start and manage others.
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to analyse data and find areas for improvement.
- Demonstrates a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action whilst ensuring a high degree in integrity and accountability
- Flexibility - Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions
- Shows enthusiasm and career commitment.
This is an interesting position with a supportive company that offer real career positions.
Athena Resourcing Solutions is an employment agency and employment business. We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from candidates of all races, genders, ages, religions and beliefs, sexual orientations and people with disabilities. Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are very sorry but it is not always possible to respond to each applicant personally. Only those applicants who are short listed for the position can be contacted. If you have not heard from us within two days please assume that your application for this particular position has been unsuccessful.