Supply Chain Manager (ISO13485, Medical Devices, Manufacturing, Engine
Supply Chain Manager (ISO13485, Medical Devices, Manufacturing, Engineering)
GBPNeg + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, innovative, high technology medical devices company, developing an advanced machine for use both in the home and in medical centres that will significantly improve the quality of life of the patients involved. The product is unique and set to make a significant impact on a multi-billion-dollar global market.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the direct and indirect purchasing function within the company and the availability planning of the device, consumables and accessories for the system.
- Assess the supply chain capability and benchmark against industry standards to determine the quality and appropriateness of the current supply chain
- Contract reviews for the supply chain, re-negotiations, identifying suitable alternative sources of components and services.
- Source and assess the quality and suitability of potential new suppliers
- Collaborate with the Commercial team to develop and document a Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to co-ordinate the demand of products from sales, distributors and internal customers with the manufacturing capability
- Identify and maintain a Business Continuity Plan, ensuring that manufacturing, provision and distribution of products can always be maintained
- Run the purchasing and planning processes to assure product availability as required and maintaining agreed stock levels
- Provide the necessary planning, resource and systems for the provision of volume manufacture to meet projected demand
- Set up and run operational Supply Chain processes including selection, implementation and maintenance of an ERP system that meets the growing requirements of the company
- Assist to identify the necessary infrastructure to permit cost-effective supply of product to all regions and countries where markets exist or are planned
- Identify areas where lean principles and processes can be applied for the continued reduction of product cost whilst maintaining quality, reliability and conformance
- Degree or equivalent, in a related discipline (eg manufacturing, engineering)
- Full understanding of ISO 13485 requirements
- At least 10 years of experience working in the Operations team of a fast-paced, growing company; medical device product supply chains, manufacturing and servicing are desirable
- Excellent negotiating ability with an articulate persuasive personality
- Able to build and nurture strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders according to the needs of the business
- Able to demonstrate sound knowledge of purchasing and production planning processes
- Organised and ordered with the ability to obtain and process data and present it in a concise and understandable form
- Ability to manage product change, both from identification of change requirements and the transfer of design changes to manufacturing
- Strong grasp on financial reporting, seeking opportunities where possible to drive down Cost of Goods Sold (COGS)