Supply Chain Operations Manager/Specialist
Who we are:
Wholesale and Ventures is a new, exciting and agile business within BT Group and has a very clear and simple strategy - "To create a better business that delivers a brilliant experience for our customers and is a great place to work". It's very diverse and therefore offers a great opportunity to learn about many areas of the company ranging from the UK fixed and mobile wholesale sectors through to BT Fleet, BT Supply Chain and more traditional businesses that are investing for the future such as emergency services and payphones. BT Supply Chain is a unit that offers supply chain and logistics services to both BT and external customers. It is strongly investing in new services and targeting growth markets such as smart metering. The Supply Chain Solutions Architect will take a lead role to deliver supply chain solutions for prospective customers and also develop supply chain design models for optimisation and strategic growth within BT.
What you'll do:
As the Supply Chain Solutions Architect, you will be shaping solutions for new customers that will typically involve offering an e2e managed supply chain service. Leveraging the latest supply chain design software, you will be developing and maintaining network design and optimisation models to assess the impact from introducing new work or changing business needs. You will need to deliver the solution designs to current and prospective customers as well as presenting recommendations for executive review.
Some key activities will be:
• Develop and maintain a live supply chain model for BT and their customers; leveraging network, transport and inventory optimisation tools to propose fully costed scenarios that support solutions or improvements.
• Prepare the spend estimate, schedule, work plan, resource/sourcing plan for proposed new customer solutions.
• Collaborate across our sales and/or commercial teams to represent the solution offering to the client buyer and other internal groups, and align the solution with final terms and conditions agreed via our legal teams.
• Work collaboratively with operations and analytics teams to assess capacity and investment implications of solution designs, providing evaluation of constraints and investments.
• Collaborate with the operational leads within BTSC to plan and architect the overall delivery architecture and capabilities to support the service offerings
• Support development and deployment of new architecture & capabilities across the teams, working with operational teams to develop standard processes and time/motion assessments.
• Provide handover support for transition and delivery teams as new business enters into mobilisation phasing.
• Maintain a keen understanding of marketplace intelligence (trends, competition etc.) in order to provide market leading perspectives, emerging trends, tools and techniques that can be effectively utilized to develop and promote business
What we're looking for:
• Demonstrates use, and/or accredited in, CAST (Network modelling), Oracle transport management solution, DataGuru (or equivalent).
• Demonstrable experience of supply chain management and grip on best-practice techniques and theory to apply in operational context. Ideally with supply chain management experience with accreditation - CILT, CIPS or equivalent.
• Excellent knowledge of supply chain processes & systems. Demonstrable application of supply chain theory and best-practice key.
• Understanding of relevant UK and European legislation relating to supply chain and logistics - e.g. tachograph law.
• Experience and accreditation in managing large data models with ability in statistical tools and assessment techniques.
• Highly analytical and independent worker, with an ability to problem solve and develop solutions to data and business problems.
• Strong communicator and well developed interpersonal skills to lead customer and internal meetings as well as provide articulate executive updates to the BT Supply Chain senior leadership team.
• Strong ability to analyse, test and challenge current practices and formulate new actionable approaches.
• High levels of business acumen and excellent commercial experience/judgement.
• Good working understanding of industry Health and Safety practices - including knowledge of specific operational requirements.
What we can offer you:
At BT, we entertain, educate and empower millions of people every single day. We're a brand built on connecting people - whether that's friends, family, businesses or communities. Working here, you'll receive an attractive salary and a range of competitive benefits, but - more than that - you'll be joining an ambitious organisation with a culture of togetherness, collaboration and inclusivity, that takes a genuine and proactive interest in your progress and development. Benefits of working for BT include:
• Competitive salary and on-target bonus plan
• World-class training and development opportunities
• 25 days' annual leave (not including bank holidays)
• Discounted broadband, mobile and TV packages
• Car allowance (dependent on your role)
• Share option and pension scheme programmes
• Flexible benefits to fit around you (private health care, dental car, employee discounts etc.)
BT is an equal opportunities employer. We're working hard to create an inclusive working environment, where people from all backgrounds can succeed. We want to make sure your recruitment experience is the best it can be - so, if you're selected for an interview, please let us know if there's any adjustments we can make that would be helpful for you.
To Be Defined Salary: competitive. Date posted: 15/07/2017