Senior Analytical Chemist
Assay Office - Birmingham has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analytical Chemist to join the team based in Birmingham. You will be on a full time permanent basis and receive a competitive salary.
Assay Office Birmingham was founded in 1773 to provide assaying (testing) and hallmarking of precious metal items (gold, silver, platinum and palladium) as required by the Hallmarking Act.
It has been a centre of expert opinion and independent assessment of jewellery and precious metals for nearly 250 years.
Responsibilities as our Senior Analytical Chemist
- Using analytical techniques and instrumentation such as ICP/AAS/Cupellation and checking data and reporting scientific results
- To analyse the chemical nature and make up of substances, metal alloys * both precious and non-precious, precious metal analytical techniques, methods and high technology instrumentation
- Will be involved in work such as process development, product validation, quality control and method development
- This is not a desk job and the suitable applicant will need to analyse samples daily.
- The applicant will need to be flexible and whenever workload demands it, to work outside normal working hours including weekends
- Determination of precious metals in solutions, their alloys and powder materials
- Determination or impurities in high purity precious metals
- Analyse for control of technological process-determination of precious metals and other elements
- Determination of volatile substances in precious metals sponges
Skills needed to become our Senior Analytical Chemist
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- We require a good team worker, with a ‘can-do’ attitude, has the flexibility to work when called upon and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry
- The applicant needs to be skilled and possess excellent laboratory practice and have both theoretical knowledge
- Have sufficient practical experience of a range of analytical techniques and instrumentation used particularly in the field of precious metals
- IT skills are important as more analytical work is now undertaken using various software’s
- Good mathematical skills are essential
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Senior Analytical Chemist then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Senior Analytical Chemist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly