Student Advisor Finance and Pastoral Support
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for giving advice and guidance to students in matters of finance and non-academic support needs, as well as assisting them to engage with internal and external services to facilitate growth and development and the removal of barriers to learning.
Preferably, the successful candidate will hold a level 3 qualification and have trained in Information, Advice and Guidance along with experience in advisory work, however this is not essential. Other key attributes include the ability to explore issues with students, show empathy, gain a good understanding of the matters being raised, exercise judgement in applying criteria objectively and to form effective working relationships with other departments, along with the ability to clearly convey information and escalate matters of urgency.
Required Skills and Experience:
- level 3 qualification or equivalent.
- preferably trained in Information, Advice and Guidance along with experience in advisory work
- knowledge of relevant agencies, and the ability to identify relevant sources of information
- has a good standard of English and Maths (qualified to GCSE or equivalent)
- the ability to explore issues with students, show empathy, listen effectively, keeping detailed notes which reflect the issue and enable you to gain a good understanding of the matters being raised.
What's in it for you?
The college offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- 24 Days Annual Leave, rising to 30 days following 5 years service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Student Finance Advisor, please go to www.nulc.ac.uk/jobs and click on 'Apply' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 20th July 2017