Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their expanding catering/retail department at Newcastle College. Working in the College shop, duties include serving customers, cash and electronic transaction handling, stock replenishment & control, cleaning and ensuring a tidy working environment for our students and staff. The ability to effectively work unsupervised will also be required during the crossover of shifts.
To be successful, you will have previous experience of working in a retail environment, knowledge of cash / electronic transactions and stock rotation/control and have a flexible approach to your working hours.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the prompt and efficient service to shop customers.
- To maintain high standards of service to all customers.
- To ensure high standards of stock display and presentation.
- To have responsibility for opening and closing the College shop in the absence of the shop supervisor.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a good standard of general education.
- Has previous retail experience in a similar customer service environment
- Level 2 Food hygiene (Desirable).
- Has a proven knowledge of cash handling / electronic transactions.
- Works with accuracy and pays attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Has a willingness to undertake further training if required
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
The closing date for completed applications is 16 th July 2017.