POPAI is a progressive industry association, promoting best practice, dedicated to enhancing the total shopper experience.
We publish research, organise conferences, industry awards, training seminars and best practice programmes to benefit our members who include retailers, brands, agencies and manufacturers of retail display.
An opportunity has arisen to join our small, friendly but highly professional and tight-knit team in the role of events officer, based in Hinckley.
About the role:
The role of events officer is central to the business and the successful candidate will be responsible for 3 main pillars of activity:
- All aspects of our annual awards competition, which culminates in a black-tie gala dinner for 450+ guests hosted by a celebrity at a central London venue.
- Planning and smooth running of our varied conference & seminar programme throughout the year.
- Managing POPAI’s presence at the annual industry exhibition and any other exhibitions that we take part in from time to time.
This is a varied role which requires a broad range of skills. We expect the successful candidate to demonstrate strong evidence of:
- Being a self-starter and working independently, but fitting in with a small team.
- Proficiency in planning and managing your own workload within both short and long term projects.
- Creating and reporting on project plans.
- Quick learning and hitting the ground running.
- The ability to talk to professionals from lots of different levels of seniority.
- Managing 3rd party suppliers.
- Running professional events.
About the process:
- We are inviting written applications accompanied by a CV
- Applications received without a covering letter will not be considered
- Closing date for applications is 5pm on July 6th
- Interviews will take place on Friday 14th July
- At interview, candidates will be expected to provide evidence of experience in the form of project plans, summary reports etc.
- The successful candidate will be invited to start ASAP after August 14th