Expiry date: 23:59, 23 June 2017
Salary: £23,412.00 - £25,645.00 Per Annum
Benefits: • Local Government Pension Scheme • Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
£23,412 - £25,645 pro rata
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for a full time Careers Co-Ordinator to provide a careers service across the College.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide appropriate information, advice and guidance to learners, prospective learners and parents on course and career choices
- To liaise with course tutors regarding the dissemination of careers and progression information to their learners
- To support learners, tutors and administrators with the HE entrance process including application, reference writing, finance and final acceptance
Required Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level standard and holds an advice and guidance qualification to level 3
- Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the range of learning opportunities for post 16 students and adults
- Possess excellent communication, administrative and organisational skills
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for the role of Careers Co-Ordinator, please click apply to be directed
The closing date for completed applications is 23rd June 2017.