Purchasing Materials Planner / Procurement Planning Assistant
Job Title: Purchasing Materials Planner
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover - Possibly leading to permanent
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Materials Planner within the Purchase Department. The role is an existing position within the business, to serve as maternity cover for 12 months, possibly leading to a permanent position. The function of the role is to ensure timely purchased orders raised to suppliers and to ensure shipments are organised and processed to meet customer demand.
The role is made up of the following:
50% = Reviewing inventory levels, identifying shortfalls and/or spikes in demand and addressing them accordingly.
25% = Expediting orders and ensuring JIT deliveries.
25% = Administration, dealing with internal Purchase Order Requisitions and daily review of goods received GRNs and delivery notes.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure that all aspects of business are covered, orders are processed, produced and shipped as promptly as possible; liaise with all stakeholders to achieve this.
- Raise purchase orders with suppliers.
- Work with International suppliers in accordance with their lead times.
- Ensure on time production, that goods are available to ship at agreed time and place.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders on a regular basis communicating weekly status updates.
- Update supplier price lists to ensure true cost of purchase and sales are accurate.
- Be available for training and communication meetings.
- Work in accordance with company values and with the client at the focus of all activities.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 GCSE's (or equivalent) at grade C and above including Maths and English
- CIPS qualification or working towards
- Higher educational qualification e.g. Degree/HNC/HND (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within a Purchasing or Materials Planning role
- Previous experience of working for a manufacturing organisation
- Experience of using MRP systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Demonstrated ability working within a Quality Management environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle difficult situations and work calmly under pressure
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong relationship builder
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- Exceptional communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Packages
- Strong English language skills, written and spoken word.
- Cultural awareness
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter along with confirming your salary expectations for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Purchase Materials Planner, Purchase Materials Coordinator, Purchasing Assistant, Buying Assistant, Buyer, Online Buying Assistant, Junior Buyer, Procurement, Supply Chain Administrator, Purchasing, Assistant Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Buying Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant will be considered for this role.