Welder - Fabrication and Production
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced TIG welder to join our production team as our client expands their production facility in Redditch.
The Role of Welder
This is a permanent role which is required to cover both production jig work and fabrication work.
You will also have an integral part to play in special projects and product repair requirements.
Detailed constituent elements:
• Welding aluminium components using TIG and MIG.
• Welding both to production jigs and fabrication to manufacturing drawings.
• Operation of autowelder for specified product applications.
• Production of welded components to a high physical and visual standard.
• Operation of quality control evaluation over welded production output.
• Completion of production documentation as required.
The successful candidate for the position of Welder will have the following abilities:
• Significant experience in welding aluminium using MIG and TIG, preferably with a background as a coded welder
• Can work under their own initiative, accurately and reliably to deadlines
• Reading from CAD drawings and ensure implementation according to welding specifications
• To fabricate and weld to a high standard and work to tight tolerances.
• A positive attitude to the success of the manufacturing team.
• Up to date understanding of relevant current Health & Safety requirements in the manufacturing workplace generally and in particular as affects welding
• Prepared to work overtime as and when required
Skills and Attributes:
• Good general educational background sufficient to provide adequate numeracy and communication skills.
• A minimum of 5 years industry related experience in welding aluminium within manufacturing operations. A background of experience involving extruded products in structural uses is highly desirable
• A positive attitude to work and the workplace
• Flexibility and ability to cope under pressure
• The ability to form excellent working relationships with colleagues
• A flexible team player to take on any additional duties and tasks as required
For the role of Welder there is a package on offer of:
• £10-£11 per hour
• Whole company bonus system based on profit share
• Contributory company pension scheme
• 28 days paid holiday
If you think that you have what it takes to contribute in this sort of environment and t and would like to be considered for this role of Welder, please apply now.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted and incomplete CVs will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Welder, fabricator, production, Engineer, Engineering, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aluminium,