Bar & Hospitality Manager
Study Inn has an exciting opportunity for a Bar & Hospitality Manager to join our team based in our Brand New Social Space in Coventry City Centre! You will be on a full time permanent basis and be paid a highly competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
Study Inn provides stunning high quality student accommodation situated in prime locations across the UK, combining the security and comfort of a hotel, with a fun and vibrant atmosphere tailored to the needs of students. Since 2009 Study Inn has continued to grow opening four centres within Coventry city centre and further centres in Nottingham and Sheffield gaining Study Inn a National and International reputation. In 2016 Study Inn opened its doors in Cambridge with our most impressive centre to date, hosting a courtyard conservatory full of entertainment facilities for guests to enjoy.
The Study Inn brand is a front runner in the student accommodation sector, with extensive experience in designing, building and operating creating innovation and new opportunities for our cities. With a new additional centre scheduled in Coventry for 2017, Study Inn offer a truly unique service for both UK and International students.
As the Bar & Hospitality Manager you will be responsible for our brand new facility and showcasing this to our customers. This will include taking ultimate responsibility for this bar and its team. This position is full time and we are looking for someone that has passion for service, maintaining high standards to our customers and that they enjoy their visits.
Your responsibilities as our Bar & Hospitality Manager will include:
- Assist guests in a friendly and courteous manner, demonstrating a good knowledge of the products on offer and taking every opportunity to upsell.
- Take responsibility for cellar management and stock rotation
- Take responsibility for the Bar float and ensure all cash control procedures are carried out.
- Prepare bar areas for service
- Serve guests with drinks and snacks, taking every opportunity to upsell
- Rotate bar stocks and maintain sales displays
- Establish and maintain effective communication with other departments & managers
- Deal with complaints/problems politely and positively and make every effort to resolve them.
- Clean bar areas after service to ensure standards are maintained
- Monitor waste and take responsibility for stock control
- Providing regular feedback to the team regarding service standards and company up-dates
- Communicating with the team regarding the day’s business
- Managing training and development of all team members
- Ensuring all team members comply with image standards
- Ensuring that all team members comply with the company policies and standards,
including Absence, Sickness, Poor Performance, Disciplinary and Grievance, code of
- Working with HR to ensure that recruitment is correct for the department
- Ensuring that overall standards of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained at all times in
both front and back of house
As our ideal Bar & Hospitality Manager you will need:
- Have knowledge of and operate cash handling/accounting, security and emergency procedures
- Have knowledge of and operate Company and statutory Health & Safety procedures e.g. COSHH, Basic Food Hygiene.
- Have knowledge of and follow all prevailing liquor licensing laws
- All candidates must provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK to be considered
Benefits of working for us
- 28 days’ annual leave
- Bonus Holiday for midweek birthdays
- Employee assistance programme
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Bonus Scheme
- Free City Centre Parking
- Free access to on site Gym facilities
If you feel you’re the right candidate for the role of our Bar & Hospitality Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!