Support / Care Worker for adults with Autism and Learning Disabilities
Support Workers, Stourbridge, offering an attractive hourly rate and training
We are currently recruiting Residential Support Workers to join our care team based in Stourbridge.
Working for Our Company - The Benefits:
- Enjoy a rewarding role where your work makes a real difference
- Full training and support offered including an in depth induction covering Autism, enabling Support Workers to understand and fully support Autistic clients towards independence
- Further training is available after a successful probation period on to QCF Level 2 and Level 3 - further increases to pay apply
- Career progression is available where desired - we are a growing team and promote from within where possible
- Work within a friendly, solid and capable team with full support
The Ideal Support Candidate:
- Essential: A passion for working in care, ability to work well within a team, good verbal and written communication skills
- Desirable: Experience in working with adults who have Autistic Spectrum disorders / Learning Disabilities is desirable but not essential
About the Role of Support Worker:
As a member of the team, support workers are instrumental in providing a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle for the young adults we support.
Key Duties include:
- Providing emotional and personal support
- Participating with and supporting service users in social and recreational activities
- Providing a full range of care duties including personal and intimate care.
Previous experience preferred, but if you have a passion for working in care and are looking for a new career, you may also be considered. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced disclosure.
Shifts are on a rota basis (including weekends):
- Morning shifts: 7am - 3pm.
- Afternoon shifts: 2.30pm - 10.30pm.
Full-time (37.5 hours) and part-time (22.5 hours) positions are available.
Providing residential care for adults with severe learning disabilities and complex needs centred around the autistic spectrum. We provide a positive, structured, needs-led approach to care for very individual people, we are committed to making a difference for the individuals in our care.