Quantity Surveyor, Based in Cannock, Salary up to £45k + Car allowance, Contributory Pension, 25 days holiday
We have an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Survey to join an industry leading construction business who specialise in off-site construction and modular building solutions. As a Quantity Surveyor you will manage multiple building projects from tender award, including post contract procurement, valuations, scope and outturn, financial performance of projects and reporting monthly via the systems in place to demonstrate commercial control and forecasting to the business. This role will also manage and be responsible for the development of the Graduate Quantity Surveyor.
You will report directly to the Commercial Director, and working alongside the Contracts Managers and Project managers.
Senior Quantity Surveyor Duties:
- Develop and evolve supply chain.
- Managing subcontract procurement process, scope analysis against client specification, tender reconciliation, sub-contractor comparisons, formation or order, review of commercial terms, and contract award.
- Preparing, submitting and negotiations of all monthly sub-contract project interim and final accounts using database software and excel spreadsheets.
- Maintaining accurate and up to date Forecast Final Accounts for presentation to clients.
- Preparing claims for variations to contract and negotiating with the client and supply chain to deliver profitable change.
- Preparing and presenting internal monthly project W.I.P reports at monthly internal Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) meetings
- Manage Risk and Opportunity and present at the CVR.
- Promote and evolve financial control measures
- Forecast cash flow and margin recognition
- Attendance at client's site project progress meetings including presentation of contractors reports where appropriate.
- Present regular financial feed back to the Estimators on the basis of known costs.
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain professional approach with supply chain and client to deliver increased profitability on projects.
- Develop, support and manage the Graduate QS in all of the above.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar Senior Quantity Surveyor role, preferably from within a Design and Build Main Contracting background with experience in the management of multiple live projects, to the value of up to £5m. Preferably degree educated with MRICS or equivalent and have a working knowledge of JCT and NEC3 forms for contract and procedures.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then please apply, attaching your CV.