2 days left
- Full Time
JOB DESCRIPTION PREMISES OFFICER
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Manager
SALARY: Grade 6
HOURS: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (shift basis)
Contributing to the provision of high quality maintenance, security and cleanliness of the academy buildings and grounds which ensures that pupils and community users have a comfortable, clean, safe and well maintained environment in which to work or otherwise use the academy's facilities.
This post is eligible for a DBS check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (i.e. it involves certain activities in relation to children and/or adults) and is defined as regulated activity under Part 1 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006.
This post is designated as a regulated activity and requires enhanced criminal records check for a regulated activity (including a barred list check)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To open/lock the grounds and Academy buildings in accordance with laid down schedules and, ‘one off' bookings (lettings), to ensure that lessons and other activities are able to take place at the specified times.
- To secure the academy's doors and gates, as well as setting alarms in accordance with laid down schedules or, as necessary to maximise the security of the academy and the grounds at all times and, to minimise the opportunities for vandalism.
- To attend the premises when alarm is triggered, out of hours and liaise with Police as necessary and ensure the premises are secure.
- To be flexible and cover as appropriate when needed.
- To undertake routine cleaning as a result of spillages and other accidents to ensure that the school is a clean, safe, healthy and comfortable place for pupils, staff and other users to work in/use.
- To undertake a long term programme of general maintenance, work as agreed with the Site Manager. Ensuring the Academy is maintained in a state of good repair, on a cost effective basis, in accordance with the Schools Development Plan.
- To comply with Health and Safety legislation, School Policy and good health and safety working practices in relation to the use of the school, premises and grounds and, your own duties and responsibilities. Report any breaches of safety regulations/policies or other safety concerns noticed to the Site Manager, to enable the school and school grounds to be safe and healthy places for pupils, staff and other users.
- To undertake checks of the boilers in accordance with laid down schedules and, to take any remedial action necessary.
- To undertake ‘litter picking' and other tasks associated with maintaining the grounds in a clean and tidy state for pupils, staff and other users.
- To assist with the distribution of deliveries of orders, to ensure that supplies and equipment required by pupils and teachers and other staff are available when needed.
- To ‘lay out' the hall and other rooms as requested to ensure that lessons and activities can take place without disruption or delay.
- To help with the setting up of examination rooms.
- To move furniture and other items of equipment around the academy as requested to enable lessons and other activities to take place without disruption or delay.
- To monitor stock levels of materials, order as necessary and, store appropriately, to ensure that work can be carried out in accordance with laid down schedules and safety instructions.
- To carry out letting duties as required, following agreed procedures to ensure that lettings can take place without disruption, delay or cancellation.
- To attend Premises meetings when required.
- To liaise and monitor contractors on site.
- To help manage the premises help desk.
- To carry out risk assessments when required. common
- To undertake other duties that are commensurate for this grade and role, as and when required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- General knowledge of building cleaning and maintenance procedures and relevant skills.
- Have good literate and numerate skills.
- Possesss a good understanding of health & safety legislation related to working in an academy and undertaking this role.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Have an ability to get on well with people and possess a natural willingness to help.
- Have the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as on your own initiative.
- To be able to prioritise work and work well under pressure.
- A willingness to undertake additional training, as and when required.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, Equal Opportunities, and the ability to apply this to strategic work and day-to-day situations.
- Must be able to perform all duties and tasks with reasonable adjustment, where appropriate, in accordance with the provisions of the Equality Act 2010.
- Have good IT skills.
- Possess a recognised trade (e.g. plumbing, carpentry or electrician).
This job description sets out the duties and responsibilities of the post at the time when it was drawn up. Such duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations are a common occurrence and cannot themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the post.