Vehicle Technician / Motor Engineer / Car Mechanic
Job Title: Vehicle Technician
Salary: £25,000 + quarterly bonus and benefits
Since being founded in 2007, the company has grown from strength to strength becoming Europe's leading alternative lender, setting the bar to a new level in the industry, where customers are truly put first and treated with dignity and respect.
They're now looking for 2 Motor Vehicle Technicians to join their team based in Rugby. You will be responsible for preparing, servicing and repair of vehicles in line with company standards and meets customer expectations. Provides feedback to the customers and completes all paperwork.
- Communicates in an appropriate way with colleagues and customers demonstrating a full understanding of the recipients' needs.
- Makes suggestions for ways to improve own and business performance.
- Accepts and uses constructive feedback to improve own performance.
- Contributes to meetings and discussions i.e. 121s, team meetings, Employee forum.
- Ensures agreed objectives and targets are achieved in a way that is consistent with company culture, values and behaviours.
- Looks to develop own skills and knowledge of the business and understands how departments across the company work and link as part of the business model in order to support customers and colleagues.
- Makes quality decisions within the framework of the role and has the customer at the forefront of the decision making process.
- Takes into account the impact on others when making decisions.
- Willingly shares knowledge with less experienced people.
- Is always polite and courteous to others.
- Proactively works to resolve customer and colleague issues and problems within area of responsibility.
- Ensures that work is completed to standards agreed and always looks for ways to improve.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and customers.
- Ensures an understanding of business goals and prioritises action to achieve objectives.
- Looks to improve performance when things go off track.
- Has a company focus and accepts that others needs may take priority over own (or teams).
- Works positively as a team player when things go wrong - looking to improve rather than blame.
- Ensures all actions meet company policies and procedures and external legislation.
- Communication - understands the importance of two-way communication and focuses on engaging the recipient and is capable of delivering across a variety of appropriate mediums.
- Leading through Vision and Values - Keeping the company's vision and values at the forefront of own decision making and actions and acting as a role model to others.
- Continuous Development - Has the humility to recognise there is always room for improvement in own and business performance. Continually seeks to make improvements.
- Decision Making - Solving many complex issues and problems relative to job role level, by thinking ahead, planning for contingencies, balancing competing interests and taking an analytical approach.
- Valuing and Supporting Others - The company is a people business and they need to ensure that they develop a coaching culture to grow and develop their people and they value people that drive the company culture.
- Acting Assertively - The customer (internal and external) should be at the forefront of all their plans and actions and they need to ensure that they act in a way that is going to benefit their customers and support the growth and development of the company.
- Building Relationships - The ability to build relationships at all levels of the business and in a collaborative way with internal and external customers and partners.
- Performance Development - Directing their efforts on improving their own and business performance through focusing on business objectives and delivering results in a way that fits with company culture.
- One Team - They operate as one team and they need to work together balancing the competing needs of the wider business with their own objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Technical qualifications.
- Experience of working with people at different levels of a business and external customers.
- Ability to organise and plan own work.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment.
- Has good communication skills both verbal and written (accurately complete paperwork).
- Can demonstrate ability to learn and develop self.
- Can demonstrate some experience of problem solving.
Key Dimensions and Decision Making:
- Works within the objectives agreed with line manager, managing self to achieve tasks on a day to day basis.
- Needs a flexible working style to meet the needs of the job.
- Makes recommendations to line manager for continuous improvement.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Vehicle Mechanic, Automotive Technician, Automotive Mechanic, Vehicle Technician, Automotive Engineer, Vehicle Engineer, Vehicle Servicing, Motor Technician, Automotive Servicing, MOT, MOT Tester, MOT Vehicle Technician, MOT Test Technician will also be considered for this role.