Citibase have an exciting opportunity for a HR Advisor to join their team based in Birmingham.
Job Title: HR Advisor
Location: Birmingham (must be willing to occasionally travel)
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours)
Salary: c£24,000 per annum dependent on experience + Benefits
The HR Advisor is to provide an efficient, effective and customer focused HR service which supports all aspects of an employee’s relationship and engagement with Citibase. Including recruitment, terms and conditions of employment, training and development activities, absence and performance monitoring along with generalist HR administration tasks and payroll support.
They will also be expected to build effective working relationships with staff at all levels, providing advice and guidance on a range of HR policies and HR related issues to support understanding and ensure effective communication of good HR practice. The HR advisor will be developed to take on a number of responsibilities. The small HR team looks after approximately 150 staff across the UK. Some travel might also therefore be involved.
HR Advisor - Responsibilities
- The HR Advisor would be expected to assist the Head of HR with generalist HR matters, providing basic first line HR advice to in relation to absence management, general ER issues, payroll queries, performance management, maternity and paternity
- They will be expected to correctly translate HR policies and procedures to both line managers and employees alike
- Assist with investigations and preparations for disciplinary and grievance hearings as and when necessary. Attending, advising and guiding on first stage disciplinaries
- Monitoring absence and guiding Line Managers on the absence review process
- Support in relevant recruitment processes, from advertising, to liaising with line management on effective recruitment processes
- Manage and maintain employee records, producing offer letters and contracts of employment and seeing through the administration in regards to the on-boarding process of new starters and throughout new starter probationary periods
- Assist Head of HR in the administration of payroll and pension related duties.
- Maintain filing system ensuring that all personnel files are up-to-date and items requested are quickly and efficiently filed and retrieved and that they are maintained in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
- Assist HR Manager with the coordination of monthly payroll and Pension deductions
- Provide general H&S administration support for HR Manager, ensuring that all H&S data supplied is up-to-date and are actioned by the relevant management teams.
- The HR advisor will provide proactive health & safety advice and support for all areas of the business.
- Audit and review current policies and procedure, to ensure compliance with current requirements and recommend changes as a result of change to legislation and other circumstances
Help develop a strong safety culture within the organisation
- Collate and provide general H&S administration support for Head of HR and Director of Operations ensuring that all H&S data supplied is up-to- date and supplied correctly, filed and obtained with ease
HR Advisor - Person Specification:
- Knowledge of using basic IT packages (office 365)
- Working towards CIPD Diploma in Human Resource Management - level 3
- Understanding and practical knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
- A high standard of general education
- Demonstrate a high standard of English
- Be looking for a HR role, yet happy to be involved in a high level of Health and Safety and overall compliance
- At least 1-2 years’ experience working within HR Administrator /Assistant level/HR Coordinator level or have relevant experience in HR management within an operational remit
- Be effective in both verbal and written communications and have the ability to communicate confidently at all levels of authority within the organisation
- Demonstrate excellent organisation and time management skills
To submit your CV for this exciting HR Advisor opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Keywords: HR Assistant, HR Officer, HR Manager, HR Consultant, Human Resources, Recruitment Officer, Recruitment Manager, Recruitment Advisor.