Mechanical Fitter Coventry £27,484 p.a. + benefits
Mechanical Fitter for Coventry based leading manufacturer of high quality process / manufacturing / engineering / technical / mechanical equipment
As Mechanical Fitter you will be responsible for assembling / manufacturing plant and equipment to recognised standards using hand and machine tools or welding equipment. Your duties will include:
- dismantling faulty tools and assembling / repairing / replacing defective parts
- cutting / installing pneumatic pipes & fittings
- fitting assembling metal parts / tools
- turning / boring / milling / grinding / drilling metal stock or components to produce parts / tools
- setting up / adjusting metalwork machines / equipment
- interpreting detailed specifications to find out job, material and equipment requirements
- checking accuracy / quality of finished parts / tools
Our client, which is part of a larger Group, is a leading manufacturer of high quality process equipment for the Aerospace and Automotive sectors and carries out turnkey projects on a worldwide basis.
As Mechanical Fitter you will have a qualification in mechanical engineering / experience in a similar role / time served apprenticeship. Carrying out all duties with guidance but without constant supervision, you will be able to read and interpret technical drawings, and ideally you will have experience / knowledge in the following areas:
- pneumatics / machining ( turning, milling, etc.) / basic steel fabrication
- Mig / Tig Welding
- pipe work ( Mild / Stainless steel / PVC / ABS / Polyprop )
- electrical knowledge /awareness
- able to work within Health & Safety regulations
- IPAF / fork lift truck
If you wish to be considered for the role of Mechanical Fitter, please forward your CV stating current remuneration details and availability quoting reference 272506.
WE REGRET WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM PERSONS AUTHORISED TO WORK WITHIN THE UK
Applications are invited with experience in: mechanical fitter industrial mechanical engineering apprenticeship jobs Coventry engineering welding IPAF pipe work electrical engineering pneumatics MIG TIG welding Coventry jobs
ThreePeople advertises vacancies on behalf of clients. If your CV matches our clients requirements, we will forward your details to them to confirm your suitability. By applying for this role, you consent to the submission of your details for this purpose only. Your CV will not be retained by ThreePeople for future use.