Administration & Finance Officer
THE STAFFORDSHIRE REGIMENT MUSEUM
Post: Administration and Finance Officer
Employer: The Staffordshire Regiment Museum
Reporting to Museum Curator
Location: DMS Whittington, Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9PY
Job Term: 6 months initial contract with a possibility of becoming permanent
Hours: Part Time: 22.5 hrs per week
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9am- 4.30pm.
Overtime: Overtime is not available but time off in lieu will be given.
Salary: £10 per hour
Holidays: 15 days per annum plus any statutory holidays falling on normal working days
An organised and efficient administrator who can confidently manage the Museum's busy main office.
- First point of contact to receive enquires via the telephone, internet or personal callers and refer individuals to appropriate staff or organisations
- Maintaining and enforcing health and safety and related regulations for the museum and its staff
- Maintaining the Museum's schools and events bookings system
- Taking on book keeping duties including: VAT returns, liaison with external payroll provider, cash & bank controls, payment of invoices & salaries, claiming Gift Aid from HMRC, stock valuation
- Daily management and control of the Museum shop including purchasing responsibilities
- Producing regular duty rota's for front of house volunteers and covering absences as required.
- Managing the day to day running of the Museum including, site security, stores management, administration, cleaning and maintenance when required
- Assist in the preparation of Museum events
- Any other tasks required to ensure the efficient management of the museum
Must be available to cover evenings and weekends to assist with Museum commitments and events. There may also be occasions when work days are moved to accommodate sickness and holidays.
Skills and Qualifications
- Good current working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- IAB or ICB Qualified (or higher) book keeper required to maintain the books and records of the Museum up to the Trial Balance stage.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate sound organisation and administrative skills and be excellent communicators.
- As the job involves organising activities and events for school children, the successful applicant must comply with DBS legislation and be prepared to undergo a DBS check before commencing employment.
Closing date: Friday 2nd June 2017
Interviews: week commencing 12th June 2017
Applications should be submitted to Danielle Crozier by clicking apply