Due to company growth of we now have a fantastic opportunity to join an established Wolverhampton based manufacturer in their HR department.
Reporting into the personnel manager as an Staffing/HR Assistant you will be responsible for the following:
· Working with the production manager to ensure correct staffing levels for shifts
· Taking the lead at weekly meetings to ensure adequate staffing levels are planned and achieved
· Responsible for the final approval of all holiday requests, and ensuring that adequate cover is in place
· Assisting department managers with new starters and inductions
· Liaising with payroll to ensure all hours have been correctly logged
· Working alongside health and safety and training to ensure that new starters and current staff undertake relevant training and development
· Administration of all paperwork for new starters, such as employment offers and contracts,this will include ensuring that all information is received and passed to the Payroll team ready for induction.
· Manage and maintain accurate employee records, including the requesting of employment references
· Taking notes in meetings on behalf of the HR department
Although this role requires no specific previous experience within HR it would be useful if you did have some HR exposure, candidates should be able to demonstrate experience gained within a process driven environment with a high attention to detail approach to work. You will also have experience of working in a deadline driven environment where communication, organisation and planning skills and a high level of confidentiality are essential.
This is a fantastic step on the career ladder if you are looking to forge a career within HR, you will be working within a HR department where you will have the opportunity to be mentored by a highly experienced manager.
Hours of work are: 08:30 - 5pm although the client is not adverse to speaking with candidates who require flexible working hours.
Immediate start available
Salary £18,000 - £20,000