IT Support Officer
A position has become available for an IT Support Officer to cover our clients 3 sites at Magna Park. The hours of work are 37.5 per week. The ideal candidate will be able to work alone and as part of team, be proactive and prioritise calls efficiently and effectively.
Main Duties will Include:
IT Support of desktops, hardware & software
- Training and application support
- Execute Daily, Weekly and Monthly tasks.
- Investigation, resolution & recording of issues
- Testing & rollout of hardware & software
- Administrative support
- Communication with support providers, as well as internal and external customers.
- Asset management.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with company procedures, practices and Health & Safety regulations.
Skills & Knowledge:
- CAT5 Cabling / RJ45 Connections
- IPv4, subnets, DNS, routing and use of ping, traceroute, nslookup
- Windows 7 usage/configuration
- Working within an ITIL framework
- PC assembly/build to component (CPU/memory/HDD) level.
- Understanding of VMWare
The Candidate will have:
- Around 2 years' experience, ideally gained in a similar environment.
- Be able to demonstrate strong organisational and planning skills, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, driven to succeed and have attention to detail.
- Have a can-do attitude with flexibility in terms of ability, range of tasks and attitude to working hours. Some out of hours cover may be required by prior arrangement.
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and follow a short application process.