Citibase have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join their team based in Birmingham.
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Birmingham - occasionally required to travel
Salary: £22,500 - £27,500
Hours: 09:00 - 17:30 Mon-Fri
Citibase Plc has been established since 1993 and is a privately owned company operating serviced office business centres. The company currently operates from 34 centres across the UK and maintains over 10,000 workstations.
The company has a core number of leased properties but in recent years much of its growth has been working in partnership with a number of large fund management companies (Clients) to manage properties on their behalf. The company currently employs 140 staff and has total revenue under management of £21m.
Management Accountant - Key Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts whilst keeping to strict monthly deadlines
- Presentation of the monthly numbers to management providing an explanation of the financial performance and highlighting key variances
- Providing support to Commercial Managers and Centre Managers, developing strong relationships with operational teams and work with them in the interest of the business, incl.
- Providing explanation of the numbers where required
- Providing information to support decision making, particularly around revenue maximisation and spend control
- Ultimately assist the centres to achieve the operational budget
- Responsibility for the balance sheet for your allocated centres, ensuring all accounts are reconciled, understood and managed
- Challenge assumptions and processes - provide feedback on new initiatives and suggest ideas for improvements across your role
- Supports the Commercial and Centre Managers to ensure debt is collected on a timely basis and provides the backstop to the business if debts have become aged and unmanaged
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets and perform regular mid-year forecasting
-Developing strong working relationships within the finance team
- Provide assistance, analysis and explanation during year end and partner audits
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
Management Accountant - The Successful Candidate:
- Are committed to progressing towards a professional accounting qualification (study support will be provided)
- Have experience of working in a multi cost centre environment with the ability to deliver timely and accurate management accounts with the minimum of supervision.
- Have good commercial awareness
- Have strong communication, analytical and time management skills
- Are an enthusiastic and proactive self-starter, who will recognise opportunities and issues and act upon them
To submit your CV for this exciting Management Accountant opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
Keywords: Accountant, Assistant Accountant, Assistant Management Accountant, Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Project Accountant.