Category Manager / Senior Buyer
CATEGORY MANAGER / SENIOR BUYER (Packaging - Rigid Plastics)
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: £Competitive + Company Car + Benefits + Prospects
It takes more than a certain something to create one of the UK's biggest and brightest food companies. It takes the four magical ingredients of entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to make things happen with agility and pace, the motivation to thrive on challenge and the desire to lead the food industry.
In just 20 years, we have grown to become a 23,000-strong team that creates a mind-boggling array of the finest food, from pizzas, pies and puddings, to ready meals, red meats and soups. And we're built on people like you: a talented Category Manager who has the expertise and influence to make an impact within the Group Procurement department.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a procurement professional to join our successful team in West Bromwich , with travel across the UK and Europe. Reporting into the Head of Indirect, you will assist in the development and delivery of the strategic procurement of goods. This opportunity would suit a driven and independent individual with solid experience of packaging, specifically plastics, but this could be rigid or flexible, who is looking to gain exposure within a fast paced, multi billion pound turnover food manufacturer.
Category spend over a variety of projects can range up to approx. £60million. Rigid plastics includes the sub categories of Thermoform & Injection Mould and Materials; CPET, Rpet and PP. Duties include:
- Be the category expert and first point of contact for responsible spend areas.
- Work closely with senior business stakeholders, including the relevant Group companies as appropriate, in order to fully understand the business needs.
- Conduct strategic category review for all areas with a view to achieving savings (surcharge) targets, improving quality and service levels and achieving all other business objectives (eg value chain, CSR, innovation etc).
- Develop and implement clear commodity management strategies where appropriate to identify and mitigate risk.
- Negotiate terms of trade with suppliers. Manage ongoing supplier relationships at a Company level.
- Supporting and coaching more junior members of the team as appropriate and deputising for the Head of Procurement where appropriate
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you're fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that's created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with the below, and you'll have the scope to influence at all levels:
- Proven track record of success of 'buying' in a strategic sourcing environment that demonstrates thorough knowledge of modern strategic sourcing processes and the use of appropriate tools and techniques.
- Rigid or Flexible Plastics procurement experience essential
- Proven negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong project management background
- Strong MS Office skills including MS Excel
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button - also include your current salary, minimum salary requirements and notice period.
This may be of interest to people looking for roles in the following: Buying Manager, Buyer, Buying Assistant, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Assistant Procurement Assistant Buyer Buying Planning Manager, Production Planner, Stock Controller, Production Manufacturing Wolverhampton, Birmingham, Walsall, Stourbridge, Kidderminster, Redditch, Coventry, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Stafford, Telford