Raw Materials Manager
Aggregate Industries is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group and a leading supplier of traditional and sustainable construction materials to major building and construction customers. With over 4,000 employees and operations across the UK and Northern Europe, we're committed to helping create a better built environment.
We've identified the need for a single point of control for commercial agreements and management of raw materials to identify cost savings and supplier alignment within our Concrete Product Division. As Raw Materials Manager reporting to our Supply Chain Manager, you'll work in close collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders to drive continuous improvement in supplied cost to the division, the majority of this spend being with internal suppliers. Ensuring the efficient end-to-end management of all raw materials supply, will involve:
• creating strategy and execution plans
• achieving strong, collaborative and sustainable relationships with key stakeholders
• working with end-users and functional departments to develop specifications, performance
• metrics and cost reduction projects
• managing the commercial relationships with our raw material supply base, including all pricing negotiations.
Highly motivated, driven and willing to go the extra mile to achieve timescales and performance targets, with the gravitas to influence all levels, you have a proven track record in manufacturing raw materials supply chain management, ideally within the construction sector. A first-class communicator and influencer with colleagues, end-users, stakeholders and suppliers, you're highly customer-focused and committed to exceeding expectations. Preferably with procurement experience in a number of key category areas and the drafting and development of performance metrics, you can also offer:
• a basic understanding of project management
• good IT-literacy, especially in MS Office
• experience of manufacturing processes and/or account management and development
If we've just described you and your aspirations, to apply for this Raw Materials Manager role, please click on the APPLY button.
Raw Materials Manager job reference number: OLR12706 / 7732
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees.