Commercial Manager / Operations Manager - Consultancy
Job Title: Commercial Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Our Client was established in February 2013 with an appetite to try and provide cost neutral solutions to small businesses that were reliant on big industry clients, but were being hampered as they were unable to access standard finance and support options. The Company's vision was to demonstrate that there was a fairer and more sustainable methodology to running a business that didn't rely on the banking institutions and their stringent behaviours.
They are currently looking to recruit for an experienced Commercial Manager with Operational responsibilities to help promote and expand business & commercial activities within a growing IT & Management Consultancy SME.
Your role will be to generate various revenue streams that will lead to sustainable growth. You will help grow the heart of the business through strategic planning, people development and operational delivery. Your role will be to identify new commercial opportunities and manage marketing efforts while developing a small but Pro Active Team. You will achieve your targets and KPIs by investing and developing your team while prospecting for new work. To be successful you will need to keep ahead of trends and market conditions & provide strategic advice to upper management. You will need an entrepreneurial mind-set and a confident approach to explore new avenues by taking calculated risks and developing strategic alliances.
This is a developing role that can lead to a Director position within 12 months of demonstrating that you can achieve your goals. To achieve this you will need to have great leadership skills, creative direction, & excellent organizational ability.
- Working closely with a developing Board
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
- Advise senior management & help drive and deliver sustainable growth in an ethical and transparent way.
- Implementing strategies to drive revenue and ultimately business growth.
- Streamline lead generation processes
- Analyse opportunities for growth via acquisition and performing due diligence.
- Implementing new sales strategies and ensure departments follow industry best practice.
- Other duties as requested by the Group Director
- Relevant industry experience within the IT & Communications industry along with an in depth knowledge of the Consultancy market.
- Proven experience as Commercial and/or Operational Manager
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- Proven experience of delivering business objectives and commercial KPIs
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind set
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Open and transparent approach to business and working relationships
- Experience of producing Tender Documents and Bids
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Commercial Manager, Commercial Manager, Commercial Specialist, Sales & Marketing Manager, Commercial Sales Development, Commercial Business Development Manager, Commercial Development Manager, Operations Manager, Operations Coordinator, Consultancy Commercial Manager, Consultancy Operations Manager, Business Operations Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Commercial Sales Manager, IT & Communications Manager, Commercial Finance Manager, Strategic Operations Manager may also be considered for this role.