Assessor in Electrical Installation
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group of colleges are currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their Workforce Development team (at their Stafford College site) in delivering high quality apprenticeships and work based training to local employers.
They are looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Assessor to join their pro-active, dynamic and friendly team of Assessors. The successful candidate will be required to deliver high quality apprenticeships and work based training to local employers. You will assess our clients/apprentices in their place of work, and seek to combine a speedy achievement for our employers with a quality product for their candidates as well as developing, maintaining and account managing relationships with their local employers.
As well as having substantial work experience in your subject area, you will be qualified in Electrical Installation to at least level 3 and you must hold an Assessor Award and have recent experience of assessing up to level 3.
In addition, you will need access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop, maintain and account manage relationships with local employers.
- To take an active part in the recruitment of new beneficiaries through contact with local employers.
- To complete on-site NVQ 3 assessments in compliance with awarding body.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds appropriate qualifications to level 3 along with experience in the electrical installation industry.
- Holds or willing to work towards the appropriate assessor's qualifications A1 or Level 4 TAQA
- Is conversant with current assessment procedures and able to assess up to NVQ Level 3.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 Days annual leave, rising to 30 upon 5 years' service
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
The closing date for completed applications is 30 th April 2017
Please note that uploading your CV is the first stage of the application process. You will be sent an email with a link to complete an online application form, which you must complete to be considered.
Apply for Assessor in Electrical Installation
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly