Job Type: Full Time Permanent Position
Closing Date: 3rd April 2017
Head Office Location: Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester, LE3 1TH
Start Date: Immediate (subject to notice periods)
Merton Group UK Ltd is a long established, successful manufacturer of premium recycled disposable paper products and distributor of quality cleaning and hygiene solutions. We are proud of our trusted reputation and continue to focus on real customer care.
Manufacturing, Warehousing and Logistics are all crucial elements that help form the foundation of our business. To develop those departments, nurture our growth and scale operations effectively, we are poised to further expand our Board of Directors with the introduction of an Operations Director.
This newly created position is excitingly varied and will require an experienced and talented operational professional with proven capabilities in managing and developing key areas of operations at Director level.
We are looking for a successful individual who understands the importance of exceeding customer expectations. A Director who can lead a team and inspire a commitment to deliver exceptional service. Tirelessly driven and focused to exceed KPI targets, contribute towards the Company’s objectives and develop their departments within a rewarding and challenging environment.
This role will encompass all elements of Health & Safety as well as ISO9001 and ISO14001 compliances.
As an Operations Director, you will report to the Board of Directors.
- Manage via middle management, teams within Production, Warehousing and Distribution.
- Develop and motivate staff.
- Manage the departmental relationships with a focus on cohesion and synergy.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure that account execution exceeds Customer expectations.
- Create and deliver scaleable operational strategies designed to support sustainable growth and service commitments.
- Maximise profitable business through efficiencies and improvements.
- Ensure annual budgets are properly prepared and adhered to.
- Ensure all elements of H & S and ISO are rooted throughout the Company.
- Be creative, adaptable and flexible.
- Work as part of the Company’s Director team in ensuring the implementation of Company policy.
You will need…
- Extensive experience and a thorough understanding of how to successfully manage and more importantly develop Production, Warehousing and Distribution departments.
- Well developed organisational capabilities managing change and motivating others.
- The ability to plan and execute operational strategy within budget.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong commercial acumen and business awareness.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Commercial negotiating skills
- Strong influencing skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Decisive judgment and evaluation skills.
In addition you will be…
- Intelligent and articulate with high levels of critical reasoning.
- Highly motivated, able to measure operational effectiveness.
- Quality orientated.
- Innovative and creative.
- An effective team player with interpersonal skills.
- A pragmatic problem solver with a hands-on mentality.
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and ERP software).
In return we offer:
- A commensurate salary
- Quality Company Car
- Fuel Card
- Pension Scheme
- Tablet PC and Mobile phone
- Positive and varied career with a long established forward thinking Company
Download a copy of the full job description as PDF here – Operations Director March 2017
If you would like to learn more about who MGUK are, and what we do, please watch our short introduction animation available here.
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively send to The Personnel Department, Merton Group, Merton Business Park, Foxholes Road, Leicester LE3 1TH.